Welcome to the Bonner Springs Rotary Club: Chartered June 25, 1936 Club #1608 Dist. 5710.
Rotary is a worldwide organization of business and professional leaders that provides humanitarian service and encourages high ethical standards in all vocations.
The Four Way Test of the Things We Think or Do:
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER UNDERSTANDING?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Rotary is proud to be one of the oldest service organizations in Bonner Springs that continues to thrive and grow. It participates in a variety of community and international service projects annually. Some include:
- Christmas in October – Provides needed home repair assistance to local homeowners who lack the skills or resources necessary to undertake the repairs themselves.
- High School Scholarships – Three $1,000 scholarships are awarded each year to a Bonner Springs High School Senior. In addition, Rotary recognizes nine outstanding Junior Scholars.
- Vaughn-Trent Christmas Auction – Supports the local non-profit agency that assists the poor with food, clothing and shelter.
- Greater Kansas City Day – Members participate in the newspaper sales in Bonner Springs. The funds raised provide funding to the Rotary Camp facility for disabled youth and local youth camps.
- Tiblow Trot and Walk – A Bonner Springs Rotary tradition since 1978, it is the kick off to the local celebration of Tiblow Days. Proceeds are used to support the scholarship program and other activities.
- Head Start Book Drive – Gently used and new books are collected to donate.
- Head Start Coat Project – Provide funds to purchase winter coats for students at Head Start.
Connect with Rotary District 5710 to learn more of area Rotary news.