At the 1927 Rotary Convention in Ostend, Belgium, San Antonio Rotarian Harry H. Rogers said “Let the slogan this year be Make Rotary Effective. Where it exists, make its influence felt. Where it does not exist, if possible, extend it. Let courtesy abound, widen acquaintance, intensify friendships, and put the program over in every club.”
Like all civic organizations The Rotary Club thrives on volunteers efforts. However, not all volunteer opportunities give you the chance to step back in time to a place that only exists in history books. “Where it exists, make its influence felt.” Please join us in our effort to make the Bonner Springs Rotary’s influence felt within our community. The Speakeasy event will benefit for Vaughn-Trent as well as the Allegro Choirs of Kansas City, both organizations are part of the greater influence within Bonner Springs.
“Let courtesy abound, widen acquaintance, intensify friendships.” Working together for the greater good has been proven to bring friends closer to one another. You will be working with those you know, those you’ve seen walking down the street or maybe even those you’ve never seen before. Volunteering at the Speakeasy is a great way to widen acquaintances.
Look through our list of needed volunteers. Interested in volunteering? Contact Bonner Springs Rotary President Judy Miksch at email@example.com.
- Set-Up Team: Requesting 2-3 volunteers to help move furniture and set up the day of the event on Nov.1. 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Silent Auction Set-Up: Requesting 1 volunteer to help with setting up items on tables with bid sheets. 5 – 6 p.m.
- Bouncer: Requesting one person to act as our Bouncer for the night when guests check in. 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Bartenders: Requesting 2 volunteers to serve as bartenders for the night. 5 – 10 p.m.
- Gambling: Requesting 4 volunteers to assist with Blackjack and other Gambling needs. 6- 10 p.m.
- Check-In Station: Requesting 2 volunteers to manage the A-M & N-Z last name list when checking in guests. 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Silent Auction Checkout Station: Requesting 3 volunteers using 3 I-Pads to check out guests with credit cards and also collect cash/check. Will have at least 2 i-pads but if you have one, that’s a plus! 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sell Raffle Tickets: Requesting 3 volunteers to walk around collecting raffle ticket money, providing guests with their raffle ticket, gathering tickets to be put in the raffle, and drawing the raffle ticket at the end of the night. 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Table Movers: Requesting 2 volunteers to move dinner tables out for the dance floor. 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Table Bussers: Requesting 3 volunteers to clear tables after guests eat. 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Dishwashers: Requesting 3 volunteers to wash dishes. 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Training begins at 5:00 pm for some volunteer positions on November 1st. Dress in your best 1920’s garb or in black, casual attire. Volunteer name tags and dinner is provided.